So I got knee surgery....again. I tore my ACL again playing volleyball. We have no idea why it happened, but it did. So on Thursday(1/22/09) I went in for surgery to get an ACL from a donor (yep, that mean someone how is not using it). Ross told me if I turn into a zombie he would have to kill me to protect Abigail. I went in at 8:15 am and did not leave until 3pm. It was a three hour procedure. It took me awhile to come out of the drugs. They knocked me out and also numbed my right leg. I will never let them numbing me again. I would rather deal with the pain then have a limb paralyzed for 2 days. Mom and Dad helped me out a ton. They watched Abigail while I was in surgery (Ross in on night shift and does not wake up till 2pm), took care of me after surgery(Ross needed to go to work at 5pm) and then let me stay the night so they could help with goo while I was out of it and could not chase a two year old. I really appreciate what they did for me and my little family. I went home on Friday and just hung out on the couch. I was so sick of watching movie(Abigail loved it). Abigail was becoming stir crazy because no one was really playing with her and she was having to be home all day. I felt so bad. Once I was able to get off the couch we having been playing a lot. It got so bad that if anyone would come over she would grab their finger and lead them into her room to play.
While I was in the surgical center I got to wear a gown. It was made of paper. You would think paper is cool. Oh No I was sweating and they gave me warmed up blankets. Yes I know this is sweet but I have great circulation and I was sweating. Who really wants to work on a sweating patient?Oh I forgot I could not take a shower until Saturday morning, ya not cool. So by Saturday I woke up early took my bandages off, which was gross because you don't really know how much you bled until those things are removed. I got into the shower before anyone was up.....wonderful!!! The only crapping thing is that the third day of healing is always the worst. I felt horrible. All my muscles hurt and ached. I was so tired but I could not sleep with a little one running around. It was a very hard day. I did have pain meds but that only help so much.
I am on day six and doing well. I have gone to physical therapy and leaned exercise to do at home. I am a weanii know. I am so soar from these little movements in my quad and calf. The swelling has gone down and I have a greater range of motion. I still walk like a peg legged pirate. If only I had a parrot! I am able to chase Abigail. Thank goodness for long arms! I should be getting my staples out on Friday. I will add a picture later because I have to find the screw that they took out from the last ACL. It is about 1 1/2 in. Now I have a 1/3 in screw. Good old technology!
1 comment:
Your blog looks so cute! Hope all is going well with the ACL. Give us an update.
Post a Comment