Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let's go on a Birthday Safari



My girlfriend and I started up a small biz called Overdramatic Party Girl, which makes party kits. Abigail's birthday is our first one. Let me tell you I learned a lot about herding 8 three year olds. This is Abigail all geared up for the safari.First thing we had the kids decorate field journals. Then everyone got binoculars and hats to go on a safari. We tiptoed, crawled and went through the grass looking for different animals that were hidden in the house.
At a few of the animals we played games. Like pin the horn on the rhino, and jeep races. After the safari we added stickers to our field journals.

We still had the best part of the party.....the cake. Funny thing the kids were asking for it right away but when I pulled it out none of them wanted any of it....I don't get it.


It was a great birthday. I learned a lot about little people and having a structured event. Abigail I think had a good time. She got some many cute sun dresses.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hey! I got your "happy spring" letter today! So happy to see that you have a blog! Congrats on the new business venture! And also, more importantly, on the newest addition to your family, Olivia! Now that we are in Utah I make it over to GJ more often... I'll let you know the next time I'm in town! I would love to meet your little angels and catch up!